Friday, September 6, 2013

The hubs

Husband?  Who is that?  Funny how lots of us moms rave about our kiddos and don't mentioned that guy who we love.  I am very guilty of that.  So here goes a little something about my wonderful bald guy.


Derrick and I met in 2004, after I was stood up on a date.  We are 9 years and some, apart, I was 25, he was 35.  I never pictured anything serious between us, you know besides dating and just having fun.  We had been married with children. Because of our age difference, I always thought that maybe he saw me as too imature and not serious material.  He quickly became my go to guy for venting, problems and to to lean on, making it easy to fall for him.  But like many times in our lives, he was consumed with work and always busy.  Time and time again I walked away from him because I was tired of him always being too busy with his job, but of course always came back.  We have been "together" without splitting back up for about 6 years, married for about 1 1/2 years.


Derrick is easy going, easy to get along with.  Always smiling. When I was pregnant,  he slept so wonderful and great, while I was miserable.  I used to wake him up on purpose because it made me angry, but he always woke up with a smile, which made me more angry, haha!  He's almost completely bald, I never knew him with hair.  He's loves Sci-Fi, which drives me crazy most of the time.  He's very much a home body, loves to watch movies and TV.  He loves kiddy shows like The vampire Diaries and Teen Wolf, but is embarrassed to admit it (now you know, haha!).  He loves dogs.  He's a wonderful cook and loves to do it, but is absolutely the messiest one!  He's one of the hardest working person, who I have ever met.  He loves the boys, he spoils them rotten!  He's a wonderful father to my oldest son.  He's a wonderful person, genuinely caring and supportive in every way!  This past year, with my mother being sick, has always been supportive of me.  Has been my shoulder to lean on, a provider, my babysitter, the taxi cab and my best friend.  Oh did I get so lucky?!

No comments:

Post a Comment